Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Child Support for Working Child

My minor son will be graduating high school early and wants to live with his mother full time. If he’s working full time can his mother get an increase in child support even though he’s out of school?

If your son is NOT emancipated and is under the age of 19, child support is applicable. Whether or not the mother can get an increase depends on both of your incomes and any income which can be attributable to your son. The Child Support Guidelines would have to be run to ascertain an amount.