Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


104 Broadway, Suite 200

Denver, CO 80203

Child Support When Baby Has a Different Last Name From Father

I’m unmarried and I’m pregnant. I want the baby to have my last name. Can I still get child support from the dad, even though the baby does not have his last name?

Yes, you can get child support. The obligation to pay child support is premised on paternity, not on whether the baby has the father’s last name.