Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


104 Broadway, Suite 200

Denver, CO 80203

How do I pay my Child Support?

If you or your child’s other parent have experienced job loss due to the spread of COVID-19 or the wider public safety measures put into effect, you are not alone. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, unemployment claims are at record highs..

If you have lost your job  or had a significant reduction in hours and are unable to pay court ordered child support you must act now. You must immedately file a Motion to Modify your child support, since any modification is retroactive to the date of filing the motion, and not the date you lost your job.   Do not wait to file!    Act now!  Any delay in filing will cost you money since you will be obligated to continue to pay the court ordered amount until the court orders otherwise.   Even if you can’t pay the entire amount,  continue to pay something so that you can show the court that you are making a good faith effort..

The family  law firm of Sharon D. Liko, P.C. can help with your concerns.  Call (303) 534-4888 or contact us online to speak with a  family law attorney today.