Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Modify Child Support

My ex wife and I divorced in 2012. It is now 2016. She has chosen to cut down from a full time employee to a part time employee. Can she modify child support for that reason? It was her decision to work less. Our children that we have together are 9 years old and 12 years old.

No. If she voluntarily becomes under employed, full time wages will still be imputed to her. If she gets fired or laid off, and couldn’t find another full time job, she might be able to modify the child support.