Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Seeking Underemployment for Lower Child Support

My wife lost her job as a Bartender/ restaurant manager to no fault of her own. She has now taken a job for less money out side of her industry. and with this job, will create $1200 a month in child support. Can she change her profession and make less money and ask for more child care?

No, your wife cannot voluntarily take a job paying less money. She would be considered voluntarily underemployed and the court could impute wages to her at her prior earnings level.